- Product: Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Cats
- Price: $54.99
- Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon
- Guarantee: 100% Guarantee of $$ back
- Customer Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Seresto Flea and Tick for your Cat
Last summer living in the south as I do, the flea population hit us hard. Our winter was very mild and warm. This is the perfect environment a flea loves to thrive in, well especially on the back of your cat. Your cat is heaven to the common cat flea as it provides the perfect environment to raise its family, has plenty of nutrients (your cat’s blood), and it can hangout with many of its fellow friends, other fleas.
We narrowed in on the Seresto Flea and Tick Cat collars for our furry friend. This product has specific chemicals that disperse over your cat to kill adult fleas and to stop eggs and larvae from developing. This particular collar is guaranteed to last 8 months, so the need to repeat treatments on a frequent basis is reduced.
Seresto Flea and Tick collar made by Bayer has one of the highest ranking on the market today. I prefer the Seresto Flea and Tick for Cats for all weights for cats and comes with a 15-inch collars for custom fit (just trim to fit your cat).
So What is Seresto?
Seresto is an effective, reliable alternative to monthly flea and tick collars for your cat. This dual-action collar repels and kills fleas & ticks for 8 consecutive months. Seresto is a flea and tick collars for cats that uses an innovative technology to release the active ingredients in controlled doses over an extended period. This means effective long-term flea and tick control without the inconvenience of monthly applications.
This non-greasy, odor-free flea collar is easy to wear and adjustable for cats of all sizes. Seresto is unique polymer matrix collar that contains two powerful active ingredients (imidacloprid and flumethrin) which are released in low concentrations over your cat’s skin to kill fleas on contact before they even have the chance to bite.
Is Seresto the Best Cat Flea Treatment out there?
Many consumer reviews think so.
It can kill fleas as quickly as 2 hours and ticks within 6 hours upon application. The speed of killing the parasite is important with flea and tick control. This can prevent the adult from laying eggs and spreading the population usually within the first 24 hours. Ticks also need to be killed in the same time frame to avoid transmission of diseases.
Store bought collars are more likely just to repel vs kill and if they do happen to kill, the process is very slow. Other flea collars typically have an overpowering odor and tends to leave a white powder residue on your hand.
Seresto provides protection for up to 8 months killing more than 90% of fleas even on the last day. Most other flea collars only provide up to 3 months of protection with the percentage of fleas killed over time decreasing dramatically the effect of the collar.
Seresto is made and distributed by Bayer, here you can go to their website for additional information and detail about this product.
- Less hassle, no mess. Easy to use, no powdery residue
- Offers 8 months of protection and is waterproof
- Fleas don’t have to bite to die
- Protects against ticks
- Less stress applying to your cat than other types of treatments
- Not recommended for Kittens under 10 weeks of age
- Can be tricky to adjust to your cat’s size
- Some cats have experienced Diarrhea the first few days of wearing
- More expensive than other cat topical collars
- Although the collar is waterproof, if exposed to water, it may lose up to 3 months of coverage.
- 97% of veterinarians were satisfied or very satisfied with Seresto after 8 months
- 94% of veterinarians are likely or very likely to recommend Seresto
- 95% of clients stated they were satisfied or very satisfied with Seresto
- 94% of clients are likely or very likely to recommend Seresto
What I recommend
Whenever this involves the felines, protection ought to be your main concern. Being able to remove the fleas is a main health issue and the final thing you never want is simply for your much loved cats to be injured with your selection of the flea control.
My research indicates that you can purchase Seresto Flea and Tick Treatment at Amazon and Target for an 8-month coverage and a reasonable price that equates to less than $8 per month. This is very much worth the happiness of your feline companion and to have your house free for these annoying parasites.
I very much hope you enjoyed this review and if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Thanks and enjoy being Flea Free! Your cat will thank you.