I can not tell you how many times my dog has shot out the front door when it was opened.
She is a Pomeranian and she is a runner. She loves to run up and down the road.
When she does this, I worry about her safety as the traffic can be heavy from time to time as they don’t look for small dogs.
I live in a neighborhood that does not have fences around all the homes.
This prompted me to look into the options available that can provide her safety and me security of mind that she will not dart into the path of a car driving by in my neighborhood.
What will set boundaries for my dog and not allow her to wander far from home?
In the product review, I will give you insight to my research and provide you with an unbiased review of an invisible dog fence that can provide the training for your dog and the piece of mind for the owner.
PetSafe Play and Stay Invisible Dog Fence Review
As I researched the possibilities that would train my dog how to stay within a designated area in my yard, I came across the PetSafe Play and Stay Invisible dog fence. Here is information on the product. Below is the ranking and customer review ratings at the PetSafe website.
- Name: PetSafe Play and Stay Wireless Fence
- Website: www.petsafe.net
- Price: $304.99
- Owners: PetSafe
- Overall Rank: 3.7 out of 5 stars
What Is This “Invisible Dog Fence”?
The PetSafe Play and Stay system is a wireless dog fence that is super easy to set up.
This system comes with a base unit, the dog collar, and boundary flags for visual boundaries for your dog.
This system creates invisible boundaries for your dog in order to keep them close to the home.
You will need to introduce this system to your dog and let them know where the boundaries exist and where they can or can not go.
There is no need to bury wire as it is completely wireless and it uses radio signals to transmit to the dogs collar. It will then give your dog the correction that you choose. It comes with sound only and static correction modes.
If you are a home-owner such as myself that does not have fencing around your house, then this is a good system for you.
If you want to have an area in the shape of anything other than a circle, then this system may not be for you.
The Play And Stay Features
- This system is portable and wireless.
- Setup time is about 1-2 hours.
- This system is good for all dogs sizes and shapes.
- It fits neck sizes from 6″ to 28″.
- 5 adjustable levels for static correction and has a tone only mode as well.
- Will not over correct as the unit will auto shutdown in 15 seconds
- Covers circular area up to 3/4 acre (210 feet in diameter)
- Expandable with additional wireless transmitters to increase the coverage area.
- Base unit will accommodate an unlimited number of dogs, though collars are separately sold.
- Waterproof receiver collar
- Collar uses rechargeable battery (built-in; non-replaceable) and charges in 2-3 hours
- Ease of training with online support
Pro’s and Con’s
- Coverage up to ¾ acre and is adjustable up to 105 feet in all directions.
- This is an expandable system. You can add an unlimited number of pets using additional PetSafe Wireless Receiver Collars.
- Designed for pets 5 pounds and more.
- It comes with 5 levels of static correction and a tone-only mode.
- An ergonomic collar that can last for 3 weeks in one full charge on the batteries.
- Easy to set up; takes only 1-2 hours.
- Customer care available six days a week.
- Pet area cannot be changed from a circular pattern/area.
- Some customers have said it will not work their cats.
How To Video For You
What Happens If It Does Not Work?
Satisfaction guaranteed if returned within 45 days of purchase and full refund of your purchased price. If you do decide to return it, just follow the instruction that you can read pressing here.
A Glance At This Product
- Name: PetSafe Play and Stay Wireless Fence
- The Best Place To Buy: Amazon
- Best Price: $299.95
- Customer’s Rank: 3.8 out of 5 stars
- My Overall Rank: 3.5 out of 5 stars
This system may not be compatible for every ones house as items such as the following will affect the performance of the unit:
- metal objects within the home
- needs to be mounted at a specified height
Yes Or No?
One of the things I really liked about the PetSafe Play and Stay system is it is completely portable. You can take it anywhere you go.
Not like a permanent fence, it will travel with you and this makes it a one time cost for you as the pet owner.
This system is expandable if you require a larger coverage area if needed.
The system is multiple dog or pet friendly. You can add an unlimited number of pets to your system.
I am a dog owner that lives on 2 acres of land. This type of system is great for the home-owner such as myself.
Are there cheaper systems? Yes
Are there more flexible systems? Probably
Is this a good buy for the money? Yes
The collars will keep a good charge for 2-3 days which makes this system easy to maintain.
My take and recommendation is that if you live on a property that does not have fencing and you are looking at an alternative of spending the hundreds if not thousands of dollars to build a fence, then this is a great system for your pets.
Several studies have rank this system within the top 5 invisible dog fences for 2018.
You can purchase this system for the best price at Amazon:
I would love to hear what you think about this product by leaving a comment below.
I will get back to you ASAP.
Don, Dog Owner